How it works
- Get your library card by:
- Paying 50$ in person when you drop by
- Providing us with:
- some basic information (your name, email, phone number),
- proof of address, and
- a photo id
- Read and sign some documents that state you’re using these tools at your own risk and sign up to volunteer occasionally. These include:
- Sign up to volunteer occasionally.
- Come to our location during our open hours to check out tools.
- You can browse our selection beforehand by looking at our inventory list (and look at what we want by checking out our wishlist).
- Return the tools the next week.
- Make sure you volunteer to staff our open hours or contact us to help us with your unique skills
- I live far from Portland, ME? Contact us about starting your own tool library “branch”!
- I return the tool late? …We’ll be really disappointed in you. Other folks are relying on you returning your tools on time. You’ll also have to pay a high late fee.
- I ruin the tool? …You will be responsible for the replacement value of the tool, established as part of its registration.